School Council / Pupil Voice
Our School Council
Our school council is a representative group of pupils elected by their peers to represent their views and raise issues with the senior managers and governors of their school. The school council can also take forward initiatives and projects on behalf of their peers, and be involved in strategic planning and processes such as the School Development Plan, governing body meetings and staff appointments.
The objectives of our council are -
- enjoy and feel empowered by their education;
- feel that their school responds to their needs;
- have the opportunity to let adults know their feelings and opinions about things that affect them;
- have a say about decisions, and to play an active role in making their school a better place;
- develop active life skills through participating.