Physical Education (PE)
Longford Park School has a strong Physical Education (P.E.) and sport ethos. Resources are excellent and cover every sport.
We closely follow the curriculum, the main curriculum subjects being:-
- Invasion Games ie. football, rugby
- Striking & Fielding ie cricket, rounders
- Net games, ie tennis, badminton
- Multi-skills ie co-ordination, balance
- Swimming - A group of pupils attend the leisure centre on a weekly basis for lessons.
We integrate many things into our P.E. sessions for instance:-
- Warming up and cooling down
- Acquiring and developing skills
- Evaluating and improving performances
We are very lucky here at Longford Park School to have sports coaches visit and deliver sessions to the pupils. These coaches have very specialised skills and experience which they share during their visits. We have previously had coaches deliver sessions on football, skateboarding, judo, kickboxing and many other sports.
Our membership with the Trafford School Sports Partnership brings with it many opportunities to participate in sport competitions.
The school is committed to offering an excellent P.E. curriculum with opportunities to participate in sporting competitions and increase awareness of how to fulfil a healthy lifestyle. Above all it provides an opportunity for pupils to enjoy themselves - we like to see all with smiles on their faces.